Help Needed: Configuring OpenStack Glance with VMware

Anupam Panta anupam.panta at f1soft.com
Sat Jun 17 18:37:07 UTC 2023

Dear OpenStack Community,

I hope this email finds you well. I am reaching out to seek assistance and guidance regarding the configuration of OpenStack integration with VMware. I have encountered some difficulties while trying to configure Glance, and I would greatly appreciate any help or insights you can provide.

Here is a brief overview of the issue I am facing:

  *   Configuration Challenge: I am currently working on integrating OpenStack with VMware as the backend infrastructure for image storage and management.
  *   Specific Problem: While configuring Glance, I am stuck with an error message stating "Store for identifier vmware not found".
  *   Configuration Attempts: I have reviewed the relevant documentation and followed the recommended steps, tried changing parameters to configure the VMware store backend in Glance. However, despite my efforts, the error persists.

I kindly request your guidance and expertise to help me troubleshoot and resolve this issue. Any advice, best practices, or configuration examples related to Glance integration with VMware would be highly appreciated.

To provide you with more context, here are some relevant details of my environment:

I am using kolla installation for openstack deployment. My global.yml file consists of:
```
#### GLANCE CONFIG
glance_backend_vmware: "yes"
glance_backend_insecure: "yes"

#### VMWARE CONFIG
vmware_vcenter_host_ip: <my-vcenter-ip-address>
vmware_vcenter_host_username: <my-vcenter-admin-username>
vmware_vcenter_host_password: <my-vcenter-admin-password>
vmware_datastore_name: glance-datastore
vmware_vcenter_name: <my-vcenter-domain-name>
vmware_vcenter_cluster_name: "openstack"
vmware_vcenter_datacenter_name: <my-vcenter-datacenter-name>
vmware_vcenter_insecure: "True"
```

After running reconfigure command, my glance-api container stuck in restart loop, with error message "Store for identifier vmware not found". I also tried changing parameters in glance-api.conf file, specific parameters `default_backend= vsphere`, `stores= file, http, swift, vmware`.

Your assistance will not only help me but also contribute to the collective knowledge of the community. Thank you in advance for your time and support. I look forward to your valuable insights and suggestions.

Regards,

Anupam Panta | LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/anupam-panta>

System Engineer

anupam.panta at f1soft.com

9802079915

Movers & Shakes Tower, Pulchowk, Nepal

   [cid:78d40d57-4926-472e-bbe6-ea05244f879f] <https://f1soft.com/>

Disclaimer

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, followed by deleting this e-mail and destroying any copies thereof Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal unless consented by the sender. F1soft International Private Limited or its employees are not responsible for any auto-generated spurious messages that you may receive from F1soft email addresses.