[all] Supporting SQLAlchemy 2.0 in OpenStack

Mike Bayer mike_mp at zzzcomputing.com
Thu Feb 2 16:11:18 UTC 2023

I would absolutely agree that Openstack should not be in a hurry to actually *ship* with SQLAlchemy 2.0.  2.0 just came out, the release is going great, but Openstack would benefit from getting in the 2.0 game for real several months from now when the dust has settled.

as far as getting *ready* for SQLAlchemy 2.0 and adding 2.0 runs to testing (at least non-voting testing), that should be happening for all projects right now.  the biggest task here would be getting rid of sqlalchemy-migrate in all projects and dropping it from oslo.db.