[PTL][TC] library *feature* freeze at Milestone-2

Elõd Illés elod.illes at est.tech
Wed Oct 19 17:10:01 UTC 2022

Hi,

During 'TC + Community leaders interaction' [1] a case was discussed, where a late library release caused last minute fire fighting in Zed cycle, and people discussed the possibility to introduce a (non-client) library *feature* freeze at Milestone-2 to avoid similar issues in the future.

I've started to propose the possible schedule change [2] (note: it's not ready yet as it does not emphasize that at Milestone-2 we mean *feature* freeze for libraries, not "final library release"). The patch already got some reviews from library maintainers so I'm calling the attention to this change here on the ML.

Thanks everyone for the responses in advance,

Előd

[1] https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2022-October/030718.html
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/861900