[ironic][stable] Proposing EOL of ironic project branches older than Wallaby

Jay Faulkner jay at gr-oss.io
Tue Oct 11 16:53:31 UTC 2022

We discussed stable branches in the most recent ironic meeting (
https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/ironic/2022/ironic.2022-10-10-15.01.log.txt).
The decision was made to do the following:

EOL these branches:
- stable/queens
- stable/rocky
- stable/stein

Reduce testing considerably on these branches, and only backport critical
bugfixes or security bugfixes:
- stable/train
- stable/ussuri
- stable/victoria

Our remaining branches will continue to get most eligible patches
backported to them.

This email, plus earlier communications including a tweet, will serve as
notice that these branches are being EOL'd.

Thanks,
Jay Faulkner