Problem while launching an instance directly from an image "Volume did not finish being created even after we waited 203 seconds or 61 attempts"

A Monster amonster369 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 09:26:58 UTC 2022

I've deployed openstack using kolla, when I try to launch an instance
directly from any image, after some time waiting for Block Device Mapping I
get the following error :

 Build of instance 4cf01ba2-05b3-44e9-a685-8875d8c96b4e aborted: Volume
> 01739e82-9e66-41f7-be74-dfbbdcd6746e did not finish being created even
> after we waited 203 seconds or 61 attempts. And its status is creating.

I've tried increasing  *block_device_allocate_retries=400 *and
*block_device_allocate_retries_interval=3
*, however I keep getting the same error.

But when I create a volume from an image, then launch an instance from that
same volume, it works just fine.
Any suggestions for this issue?