[gate][stable][qa] Hold recheck: Devstack based job using tox4 are broken (especially greande, stable jobs)

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Dec 9 15:59:11 UTC 2022

 ---- On Thu, 08 Dec 2022 13:30:12 -0800  Ghanshyam Mann  wrote ---
 > Hi All,
 >
 > As you might know, the devstack-based job fails on the tempest command with the below error:
 >
 > Error- venv: failed with tempest is not allowed, use allowlist_externals to allow it
 >
 > It is failing where jobs are using the tox4 (in grenade job or stable branch job or some master branch
 > job like focal job using tox4[1]). This is another issue of mix match of tox version in stable and master jobs
 > which we are discussing in a separate thread[2].
 >
 > On tempest command or allowlist_externals failure, we are testing one fix for that but please hold recheck
 > until it gets fixed or any workaround is merged
 > - https://review.opendev.org/q/Ifc8fc6cd7aebda147043a52d6baf99a2bacc009c

We have pinned the tox for stable branches which is correct way to do and for master also we
have pinned it as temporary workaround until we get it fixed as master testing should be moved
to tox4. All the patches of pinning are merged and gate is back, you can recheck your patch

- https://review.opendev.org/q/I9a138af94dedc0d8ce5a0d519d75779415d3c30b

I will keep bug#1999183 open to fix and unpin it for the master.

-gmann