[gate][stable][qa] Hold recheck: Devstack based job using tox4 are broken (especially greande, stable jobs)

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Dec 8 21:30:12 UTC 2022

Hi All,

As you might know, the devstack-based job fails on the tempest command with the below error:

Error- venv: failed with tempest is not allowed, use allowlist_externals to allow it

It is failing where jobs are using the tox4 (in grenade job or stable branch job or some master branch
job like focal job using tox4[1]). This is another issue of mix match of tox version in stable and master jobs
which we are discussing in a separate thread[2].

On tempest command or allowlist_externals failure, we are testing one fix for that but please hold recheck
until it gets fixed or any workaround is merged
- https://review.opendev.org/q/Ifc8fc6cd7aebda147043a52d6baf99a2bacc009c

I have opened a bug also to track it https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1999183

[1] https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/aaad7312f68246c0979e1a43cfe96c3b/log/controller/logs/pip3-freeze.txt#229
[2] https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2022-December/031442.html