[dev][infra][qa][tact-sig] Tox 4.0.0 breaking changes

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Dec 8 20:44:17 UTC 2022

 ---- On Thu, 08 Dec 2022 09:59:42 -0800  Jeremy Stanley  wrote ---

It seems master jobs using tox<4[1] but all stable jobs using tox>=4.0[2] and
failing. And both using ensure-tox

[1] https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/8a4585f2961a4854ad96c7d2a188b557/log/controller/logs/pip3-freeze.txt#235
[2] https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/78cddc1180ff40109bbe17df884d23d8/log/controller/logs/pip3-freeze.txt#227

 > Another update... The ensure-tox role provided as part of the
 > zuul-jobs standard library is going to undo its tox<4 cap on
 > December 21, so jobs which are impacted will need to be fixed or get
 > their own independent caps added before that date. See this
 > announcement for further details:

Does it mean all the stable jobs also will start using the latest tox (>4.0) which is
breaking the jobs and we need to fix them in stable branches too?

-gmann