[infra][puppet] Old mirror contents in apt-puppetlabs

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Sun Aug 28 16:17:55 UTC 2022

On Sun, Aug 28, 2022, at 8:05 AM, Takashi Kajinami wrote:
> Hello Infra team,
>

> I noticed the contents in the apt-puppetlabs directory in our CI mirror
> are old.
> The mirror repository provides puppet 6.23 while the upstream
> repository provides
> newer versions such as 6.28.
>
> Recently we bumped puppetlabs-mysql in our CI to 13.0.0 which requires
> puppet >= 6.24.0
> and our Ubuntu jobs are failing now at a quite early stage because of
> the old puppet package.
>
> May someone please look into this ? I've checked
> mirror.iad3.inmotion.opendev.org and
> mirror.bhs1.ovh.opendev.org but it seems the contents in the directory
> have not been synced
> since July, 2021.

Regardless of the mirror server the content is served from a shared AFS filesystem. This means checking one is as good as any other.

Logs for reprepro are also stored on AFS and served by the mirror servers: https://mirror.ord.rax.opendev.org/logs/reprepro/apt-puppetlabs.log. The logs show that there is a bad component and an expired key. If you track down what a correct component list and valid key are you can update our reprepro role [0][1][2] to fix this.

[0] https://opendev.org/opendev/system-config/src/branch/master/playbooks/roles/reprepro
[1] https://opendev.org/opendev/system-config/src/branch/master/playbooks/roles/reprepro/files/apt-puppetlabs/config/updates
[2] https://opendev.org/opendev/system-config/src/branch/master/playbooks/roles/reprepro/tasks/puppetlabs.yaml