[neutron] Bug Deputy Report January 03 - 10

Christian Rohmann christian.rohmann at inovex.de
Mon Apr 11 09:00:53 UTC 2022

Hey Lajos,

On 21/03/2022 11:12, Lajos Katona wrote:
> Hi Christian,
> Thanks for your efforts for reproduction.
> I will bring this topic to the team meeting tomorrow
> (https://meetings.opendev.org/#Neutron_Team_Meeting ):
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Network/Meetings#On_Demand_Agenda
>
> Regarding your frustration, I totally understand it. It is, I think
> can be a topic for the coming PTG.

1) First thanks again for raising issue of a lack of maintainers for
VPNaaS at
https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/networking/2022/networking.2022-03-22-14.06.log.html#l-62
<https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/networking/2022/networking.2022-03-22-14.06.log.html#l-62>.
Were there any more take-aways from your PTG discussion if I may ask?

Is there any chance anybody might look at our reported and
DevStack-reproduced issue about the duplicate IPtable rules
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1943449) ?
Do you need more info of any kind?

2) If there is a way forward for keeping VPNaaS ...

  * Will OVN receive support at some point?
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron-vpnaas/+/765353
<https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron-vpnaas/+/765353>

3) More protocols?

Are there any plans on extending on the types as currently only IPSEC is
supported
(https://opendev.org/openstack/neutron-vpnaas/src/branch/master/neutron_vpnaas/services/vpn/device_drivers).
I was thinking about Wireguard which is also built into the linux kernel
and saw amazing pick-up in recent times. Even consumer devices use it
now as it's MUCH simpler than IPSEC.

Regards

Christian