Creating multiple servers with a shared volume
laurentfdumont at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 02:07:08 UTC 2021
Just to be sure, the flow is.
- Create VM with root disk on a volume/image.
- Create another 1TB volume.
- Attach the volume to the VM as a second drive using a multi attach
- Create snapshot of the original VM (with it's root drive + 1 TB
- Create new VM from snapshot.
- Instead of a new VM + 1 new root volume + the same 1TB multiattach
volume attached, you get a new multiattach volume (new volume ID and
I've never had the pleasure to play around with this, but creating a new VM
from a snapshot could mean a new volume too. I'm not sure how snapshot will
work with multi volume VMs.
On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 11:20 AM open infra <openinfradn at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am planning to spin hundreds of servers with a shared storage.
> I have created one instance and attached a 1 TB volume (multiattach) and
> created a snapshot of the instance.
> But when I spin another server using the snapshot, I noticed that instead
> of expected shared volume, individual 1 TB size additional (dedicated)
> volume has been attached to each VM.
> Is there a mechanism where I can create multiple instances along with a
> shared volume attached to the instance instead of attaching later?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the openstack-discuss