Creating multiple servers with a shared volume

open infra openinfradn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 15:18:16 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am planning to spin hundreds of servers with a shared storage.
I have created one instance and attached a 1 TB volume (multiattach) and
created a snapshot of the instance.
But when I spin another server using the snapshot, I noticed that instead
of expected shared volume, individual 1 TB size additional (dedicated)
volume has been attached to each VM.

Is there a mechanism where I can create multiple instances along with a
shared volume attached to the instance instead of attaching later?

Regards,
Danishka