[all][tc] Minium python version for yoga and centos 9 stream.

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Sep 7 14:55:25 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-09-07 at 10:51 +0100, Sean Mooney wrote:
> hi i was jsut looking at the yoga runtimes an notice that we have
> not really updated it with regards to minium python versions.
[...]

That was introduced in July via https://review.opendev.org/799927
but should probably be considered a placeholder for now. We
determine what versions of Python to target at or just prior to the
start of the development cycle in order to use the latest
information available to us, while avoiding changing team focus
during the cycle.

There's certainly still time to update it to include Python 3.9, and
we do in fact already run (mostly non-voting) unit tests of many
projects with 3.9. You may as well go ahead and push your proposed
edit for review, it may not need much discussion.
--
Jeremy Stanley