Is it possible to support multiple instances_path?

QingFeng Hao haoqf at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sat Feb 27 01:40:35 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone,

This is QingFeng from IBM, I have used openstack for years, now I did
some investigation and noticed that instances_path in nova.conf in
compute host can only specify one path to store the instances. The
question is, is it possible to support multipath instances_path for
different projects (tenants)?

For example, instances_path = path1, path2, and path1 for project1,
path2 for project2, with this way, we can achieve the isolation and
different storages of different purposes for different projects. This
could be valuable in some situations.

So I am curious if there is any plan to do it so that I can leverage and
don't have to implement it by myself. :-)

Thanks a lot!

Best regards

QingFeng Hao