[tripleo][ci] socializing upstream job removal ( master upgrade, scenario010 )

Gregory Thiemonge gthiemonge at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 14:08:04 UTC 2021

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 5:32 PM Wesley Hayutin <whayutin at redhat.com> wrote:

> *Scenario010 - Octavia:*
> Scenario010 octavia has been non-voting and not passing at a high enough
> rate [2] to justify the use of upstream resources.   I would propose we
> only run these jobs in the periodic component and integration lines in RDO
> softwarefactory.
>
> Specifically: ( all branches )
> tripleo-ci-centos-8-scenario010-ovn-provider-standalone
> tripleo-ci-centos-8-scenario010-standalone

We are still working on fixing scenario010, there were several huge changes
in octavia-tempest-plugin that broke scenario010 but two weeks ago we fixed
tripleo-ci-centos-8-scenario010-standalone by reducing the number of tests
we are running (only smoke tests and perhaps more tests in the future) and
by adding some new options for non-devstack environments in
octavia-tempest-plugin.

Then tripleo-ci-centos-8-scenario010-ovn-provider-standalone failed for
another reason and the test class has been added in tempest-skiplist (even
for non-ovn-provider jobs), and now all scenario010 jobs are in FAILURE
because tempest doesn't run any test (
https://storage.gra.cloud.ovh.net/v1/AUTH_dcaab5e32b234d56b626f72581e3644c/zuul_opendev_logs_d39/771832/11/check/tripleo-ci-centos-8-scenario010-standalone/d39fce5/logs/undercloud/var/log/tempest/stestr_results.html
).

We still want to have those scenario010 jobs, we first need to remove the
skiplist for the non-ovn-provider job, then we will figure out why the
ovn-provider job fails.