[QA] Migrate from testr to stestr

Martin Kopec mkopec at redhat.com
Tue Feb 9 17:52:31 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

testr unit test runner (testrepository package [1]) hasn't been updated for
years, therefore during Shanghai PTG [2] we came up with an initiative to
migrate from testr to stestr (testr's successor) [3] unit test runner.
Here is an etherpad which tracks the effort [4]. However as there is still
quite a number of the projects which haven't migrated, we would like to
kindly ask you for your help. If you are a maintainer of a project which is
mentioned in the etherpad [4] and it's not crossed out yet, please migrate
to stestr.

[1] https://pypi.org/project/testrepository/
[2] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/shanghai-ptg-qa
[3] https://pypi.org/project/stestr/