[tripleo][ci] socializing upstream job removal ( master upgrade, scenario010 )

Sofer Athlan-Guyot sathlang at redhat.com
Tue Feb 9 17:13:17 UTC 2021

Hi,

Jesse Pretorius <jesse at odyssey4.me> writes:

>  On 9 Feb 2021, at 16:29, Wesley Hayutin <whayutin at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>  Upgrade jobs in master:
>  All the upgrade jobs in master are non-voting based on policy and to give the upgrade developers time to compensate for new developments and
>  features.   The feedback provided by CI can still occur in our periodic jobs in RDO's software factory zuul.   Upgrade jobs will remain running in
>  periodic but removed from upstream.
>
>  Specifically:  ( master )
>  tripleo-ci-centos-8-standalone-upgrade
>  tripleo-ci-centos-8-undercloud-upgrade
>  tripleo-ci-centos-8-scenario000-multinode-oooq-container-upgrades
>
>  I'll note there is interest in keeping the undercloud-upgrade, however we are able to remove all the upgrade jobs for a branch in the upstream we can
>  also remove a content-provider job.  I would encourage folks to consider undercloud-upgrade for periodic only.
>
> +1 I think this makes sense. These jobs are long running and consume quite a few VM over that lengthy period of time.

My personal feeling about undercloud-upgrade is that I haven't used it
in a while, so this would be a +1 for removing this one as well (beside
all previous discussion) as it would remove an extra content provider
(cost/gain ...). Jesse is that also ok for you ?

Sofer Athlan-Guyot
chem on #irc at rhos-upgrades
DFG:Upgrades Squad:Update