[stein][neutron][vlan provider network] How to configure br-ex on virtual interface

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Thu Feb 11 08:45:13 UTC 2021

On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 at 15:35, roshan anvekar <roshananvekar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it a hard requirement for br-ex to be configured on physical interface itself?? Or is it okay to configure it on a sub-interface too??
Hi Roshan,
* if you plug an interface into a bridge (OVS or Linux), then you will
no longer be able to use the IP configuration on that interface. That
is likely why you've lost access to the gateway.
* as Sean said, if you are using VLAN provider networks then plugging
a VLAN interface into br-ex will result in double encapsulation. You
can plug the bond in directly, and still make use of a VLAN interface
on the bond for the external API.
Mark