Fwd: [stein][neutron][vlan provider network] How to configure br-ex on virtual interface

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Tue Feb 9 16:07:58 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-02-09 at 21:05 +0530, roshan anvekar wrote:
> Is it a hard requirement for br-ex to be configured on physical interface
> itself?? Or is it okay to configure it on a sub-interface too??
you can put it on a bound
putting it on a vlan or vxlan interface probaly does not make a lot of sense due to multiple encapsulation but
it technialy does not need to be directly on the physical interface. that is just the recommended thing to do.
generally if you are using ovs and want a bound you will use an ovs bound rahter then a linux bond but both work.