[ironic] [release] [kolla] RFC: stop doing Extended Maintenance for Bifrost

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Wed Feb 10 17:21:11 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Since Bifrost is an installation project that supports several
distributions, maintaining its stable branches is a never ending nightmare.
We have *nearly* fixed Ussuri (thank you Riccardo!) and just started
looking into Train (thank you Iury and Mark), I'm sure we cannot keep EM
branches in a decent shape. Personally I feel that Bifrost is more geared
towards consumers staying close to master, but my gut feeling may not
necessarily match the reality.

Based on the above, I'm proposing:
1) EOL all old branches from Ocata to Stein on Bifrost.
2) No longer create EM branches, EOL immediately after a branch leaves the
regular maintenance.

Opinions?

Dmitry

P.S.
Adding kolla because of a potential impact.

--
Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael