[cinder][ceph] improving storage latency

Ionut Biru ionut at fleio.com
Wed Feb 10 14:53:42 UTC 2021

Hi guys,

Currently in one locations we have the underlay for ceph running over tcp
ip with solarflare networking cards attached to 40G switches.
We use OSA to deploy  openstack and we follow their network layout e.g
br-storage.

3 nodes with mixed storage type, ssd and hdd.

We want to deploy a new ceph cluster in a new region but we want to improve
our ceph installation overlay to have lower latency.

What do you guys use in your infrastructure?

--
Ionut Biru - https://fleio.com