[tripleo][overcloud] Deployment templates and command

Giulio Fidente gfidente at redhat.com
Mon Oct 26 20:12:18 UTC 2020

On 10/24/20 1:07 AM, dangerzone ar wrote:
> Hi, after exploring openstack via tripleo deployment, I encountered
> several issues especially during overcloud deployment. Most of the time
> I'm referring to openstack official web guideline and some other blogs
> resources. From my experiences I face problems identifying the right
> templates and the right command for my deployment. I have seen
> templates created in guideline web and some other examples. Even the
> command line to deploy overcloud is also a bit different from one
> example to another. I understand it is because of different
> requirements and setup. So many templates and several ways of deployment
> always made me puzzle and endup with deployment failure. I would like
> some advice to know what are the common or important templates/yaml
> files and overcloud command to use if I just want to deploy 3
> controllers (ha) and several computes only. I also have plan to get dpdk
> in my deployment but...this will be later as I would like to
> successfully establish simple deployment with controllers and computes
> for now. Appreciate your good advice and support. Thank you all.
hi, I think best would be to bring up with specific
commands/issues/questions so that people can help you solve one thing at
a time

Maybe try to join the #tripleo channel on freenode and to ask there, it
should be easier to do any troubleshooting if you can do it live
--
Giulio Fidente
GPG KEY: 08D733BA