DR options with openstack

Adam Peacock alawson at aqorn.com
Fri Jan 17 22:44:28 UTC 2020

How we view OpenStack within our community here is usually vastly different
than the majority of enterprises and how they view it. Side note: My
biggest gripe with OpenStack leadership is actually that everything is
viewed from the lens of a developer which, I feel, is contributing to the
plateau/decline in its adoption. That is but that's a topic for another day.

Most organizations ( as I've seen anyway) view OpenStack as a product that
is compared to other cloud products like vCloud Director/similar. And after
8 years architecting clouds with it, I see it the same way. So I'm not
exactly inclined to split hairs with how it is characterized.

Bottom line though, ensuring that non-developers are able to easily able to
get their questions answered will, in my personal opinion, either promote
OpenStack or promote the conception that it requires a team of developers
to understand and run which kills any serious consideration in the
boardroom.

Sorry to the OP, didn't mean to hijack your thread here. :) just raises an
important topic th get I see come up over and over.

//adam