About Devstack

Bernd Bausch berndbausch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 07:32:31 UTC 2020

Devstack is not meant to be restarted. However, setting the IP address
on br-ex and bringing it up is normally sufficient to re-establish
networking. After that, you probably still need to recreate the loop
devices for Cinder and Swift.

What I don't understand: The external network that Devstack sets up by
default, named "public", is fake. It's not external, and it's not
connected to the outside world at all, thus the IP address range of
172.24.4.0/24. How your instances were able to access the internet
without any manual tweaking is a mystery to me. If you did some manual
tweaking, I guess it was lost when you rebooted.

Perhaps you had a non-persistent routing table entry that connected
172.24.4.0/24 to the outside world?

Bernd.