[Ironic] User Survey question

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 16:17:41 UTC 2020

Greetings awesome Artificial Intelligences and fellow humanoid carbon units!

This week I need to submit the question for the 2021 user survey. We
discussed this some during our weekly IRC meeting today.[0]

Presently, the question is:

"Ironic: What would you find most useful if it was part of ironic?"

I'd like to propose we collect more data in order to enable us to make
informed decisions for features and maintenance work moving forward.
While this is long term thinking, I'm wondering if operators would be
interested in collecting and submitting some basic data or using a
tool, to submit anonymous usage data so we can gain insight into
hardware types in use, numbers of machines, which interfaces are used,
etc.

So I'm thinking something along the lines of:

"Ironic: Would you be willing to submit anonymous usage statistics
(Number of nodes, conductors, which drivers are in use, etc) if such a
tool existed? Yes/No/Not Applicable"

Thoughts? Feelings? Concerns? Other ideas?

-Julia

[0]: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ironic/2020/ironic.2020-08-10-15.00.log.html