Using Trove with Rocky

Ankit Awal ankit.awal at niveussolutions.com
Fri Mar 8 03:35:55 UTC 2019

Hi Darek,

These are the steps to that I used to build the Trove image
Clone Trove repository git clone https://github.com/openstack/trove.git
● Run build-image command ./trove/integration/scripts/trovestack
build-image mysql
● Guest image will be built into $HOME/images directory

That ultimately resulted in
https://s3.amazonaws.com/openstackubuntumysql/ubuntu_mysql/ubuntu_mysql.qcow2

*The Trove service ( The database tab on the left panel ), shows the status
as building*
*The VM associated with the Trove instance shows running and attached to
the cinder volume*

*The log file shows, ( trove-taskmanager.log)*

Resetting task status to NONE on instance
1b7e81f3-38c9-4412-bf5b-6ff99e0f2a37.

Few other questions,

1. Is Swift a compulsory requirement for trove?
2. How can i use enterprise db for production in trove ? As Tesora no
longer provides the production images for Enterprise DB , Oracle 12c etc

To setup the datastore, I have used below commands in the trove_api docker
container,

trove-manage datastore_update mysql ""
trove-manage datastore_version_update mysql 5.7 mysql "" 1
trove-manage datastore_update mysql 5.7
trove-manage db_load_datastore_config_parameters \ mysql 5.7 \
./trove/trove/templates/$DATASTORE_TYPE/validation-rules.json

In globals.yml

enable_cinder : "yes"
enable_cinder_backend_lvm : "yes"
enable_trove : "yes"

I enabled swift later. Is it a compulsory requirement?

Please guide me with the proper steps.

*With Regards,*

*Ankit Awal*

*Niveus Solutions Private Limited*