[tc] Follow up on action tems

Jean-Philippe Evrard jean-philippe at evrard.me
Fri Dec 13 08:56:37 UTC 2019

Hello TC members,

- There are still business opportunities merging for 2019. The process
for 2020 need to start soon. Any takers?

- We have pending action items from the last meeting:
    - ricolin: contact to Infra team to see if we got more ARM server
in our Nodepool
    - ricolin/ttx: track the merger of the SIGs self-healing and auto-
scaling
    - mnaser: static hosting story: Is it restarting? Where are we now?
    - ttx: Work on technical vision reflection update
    - ricolin/evrardjp: Expect/Request an update from Telemetry team.
As mentioned in our channel [7], Rong Zh (PTL for Telemetry) will
provide a Telemetry status report (high chance to send it out next
week).
    - jungleboyj: analysis of the user survey. The patch is out for TCs
to review [6]
    - ttx: make sure to start the discussion about uc/tc merge in
January after the ops meetup
    - mnaser: write documentation in governance to clarify what was
discussed about stable policy

- We have new action items:
  - We need to update our charter for the election terms, to be more
flexible. Who is okay with starting this?
  - We have plenty of things which are not reviewed, or WIP. Could you
update (y)our patches please with either changes or votes?
  - aprice has asked me (JP) to write a report for the TC and SIG
activities of 2019. If you want to know what I am cooking, or want to
help on the text, please join here [5]
  - In the next elections, we'll be reducing our (=TC) size temporarily
due to the current elections timing proposal. In order to not have this
happen again, we should propose a charter change as soon as possible.
Can someone tackle this? Please see the conversations here [1] and here
[2]

- We still have long action items from PTG:
  - For community goal `Drop Python 2.7 Support`, you can find the
status update on the ML [9]. React there if you need.
  -  The community goal `project specific PTL and contributor guides`
proposal patch is under review [8] and will be merged soon.
  - gmann is sending an official goal schedule plan [3] . We need TC
members to review this as well, as soon as possible. We also need to
discuss when should we start the first step for next cycle in schedule
during next meeting (if/when patch landed).
  - Please also review other patches, like [4] .

And finally, some things to keep in mind:
    - We need to promote the first contact sig to organisations that
might need help on getting things achieved in OpenStack.

Regards,
JP & Rico

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-December/011396.html