Re: Devstack failure “Oslo.concurrency”

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Wed Dec 19 16:15:48 UTC 2018

Quick note: There are no 2.2X releases of oslo.concurrency. It looks
like we're probably talking about 3.2X.

On 12/19/18 9:28 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> "d.lake at surrey.ac.uk" <d.lake at surrey.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I’m trying to rebuild a Devstack system on an identical machine to a working system from August.
>>
>> Same base OS (Centos 7.5), same simple local.conf.
>>
>> But this system is failing with Oslo.concurrency not at 2.26.
>>
>> This is bizarre because when I update Oslo.concurrency using pip, I’m given 2.29.
>>
>> Yet something in Devstack insists on going back to 2.25.1 despite
>> knowing that I need 2.26.
>
> Devstack runs pip using the constraints file to restrict the versions of
> packages installed to those known to have worked in CI. When you run pip
> by itself, those constraints are not applied and the newer version is
> used.
>
> Does the error message tell you which package depends on 2.25.1?
>
> Why do you need 2.26.0

Glancing at the current requirements I would guess it's because a lot of
services are requiring 3.26:
http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=oslo.concurrency&i=nope&files=requirements.txt&repos=

Maybe there's a mismatch with the requirements repo that is capping it
at 3.25.1 when some of the other repos moved on to requiring 3.26?