[dev] [neutron] policy-in-code status update

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 09:42:14 UTC 2018

Hi neutrinos,

I am working on policy-in-code support in neutron and have a good progress
these weeks.

[Progress]

- The basic policy-in-code in neutron repo was merged.
  Several follow-up improvements and cleanup will be coming in the neutron
repo.
- policy-in-code support in several neutron related projects are proposed.
  There are found at
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/neutron-policy-in-code+(status:open+OR+status:merged)

[Request to neutron related project maintainers]
neutron-dynamic-routing, neutron-fwaas,neutron-vpnaas, networking-bgpvpn,
networking-sfc and vmware-nsx:
    I proposed patches. Review and testing from each team would be
appreciated.

networking-midonet and networking-cisco
    In my understanding, they defines its own resources and attributes, so
their own policies exists.
    My bandwidth cannot cover them. Could you take over policy-in-code
support?
    I belileve the above gerrit link would provide good examples.

networking-ovn, networking-odl and networking-bagpipe
   In my understanding, they defines no extra resources and attributes, so
there is no policies specific to them
   and policy-in-code support is unnecessary. Could you confirm my
understanding is correct.
   If you need some policy definition, it means you need some work on
policy-in-code.

If you have questions, feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Akihiro Motoki (IRC: amotoki)