[openstack-dev] [nova][cinder][qa] Should we enable multiattach in tempest-full?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 19:04:43 UTC 2018

On 12/10/2018 10:59 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> TestMultiAttachVolumeSwap gets run in the tempest-slow job which is
> multi-node, and as a result I'm seeing race failures in that test. I've
> put my notes into the bug, but I need some help from Cinder at this
> point. I thought I had initially identified a very obvious problem in
> nova, but now I think nova is working as designed (although very
> confusing) and we're hitting a race during the swap where deleting the
> attachment record for the volume/server we swapped *from* is failing
> saying the target is still active.

After more debugging, it looks like when deleting the servers, the
volume in question that fails to delete isn't being properly detached by
nova-compute, so the connection still exists when tempest tries to
delete the volume and then it fails. I'm not sure what is going on here,
it's almost as if something is wrong in the DB and we're not finding the
appropriate BDM in the DB during the server delete so we never detach.

Matt