[loci][openstack-helm] How to add some agent to loci images

Jean-Philippe Evrard jean-philippe at evrard.me
Mon Dec 10 11:05:17 UTC 2018

> > > On Fri, 2018-12-07 at 10:21 +0900, SIRI KIM wrote:
>
> our objetive: add neutron-lbaas & neutron-fwaas chart to openstack-
> helm
> upstream.
> problem: we need this loci image to push lbaas and fwaas chart into
> upstream repo. In order to pass osh gating, we need to have neutron-
> lbaas &
> > > neutron-fwaas agent image available for openstack-helm project.

Yeah this seems more an OSH issue on how to properly leverage's LOCI
feature (and publishing a series of images) than a request to LOCI
directly I'd say :)

I am currently refactoring how OSH is building LOCI images, but the
idea of it would be pretty generic. It would be extensible by having a
few extra environment variables before calling the build script (which
basically do a series of docker builds).

In those environment variables you could pass which projects to build,
which variables to pass to LOCI (for example, "build me an octavia
image with x"), what would be the registry of your choice.

The result would be an updated/published image of your choice (on your
dockerhub's user for example), which could then be used in your chart.

Note: I don't think it's a good idea to build lbaas nowadays, as it's
kinda the past :)

Regards,
Jean-Philippe Evrard (evrardjp)