[loci] How to add some agent to loci images

Chris Hoge chris at openstack.org
Thu Dec 6 19:52:35 UTC 2018

Except in a few instances, Loci aims to generically build OpenStack
service images and has pretty robust scripts that will allow you
to build the containers without modification of the project. In the
instance of neutron-fwaas, you can easily build the service following the
instructions in README.md[1] in the Loci repository. Just set
`PROJECT=neutron-fwaas` and tag appripriately. The major caveat is the
build for that project is not gate tested (although I've managed to
complete a build of it in my own environment).

You could do the same thing similarly for neutron-lbaas, but please be
aware that for a number of reasons neutron-lbaas project has been
deprecated[2], and you should instead prefer to use Octavia as the
official replacement for it.

Thanks,
Chris

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/loci/tree/README.md