Networking-sfc Installation on Openstack Queens

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 14:29:21 UTC 2018

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 2:15 PM Navdeep Uniyal
<navdeep.uniyal at bristol.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> I would like to use the networking-sfc in my multi-node openstack (Queens) vanilla installation.
>
> All the guides I found focussed on devstack. Please let me know if there is a proper documentation/guide to install the sfc service on my controller and compute nodes including the prerequisites.
>

> Please note: as of now I am using linuxbridge agent only. Please state if openVSwitch agent is required and how to install it.

as far as i am aware, networking-sfc does not supprot linux bridge.
the default backend is ovs but it has support for odl and onos also
the last time i checked.

few openstack installers have native supprot for networking-sfc in production.
looking at the offical install guide
https://docs.openstack.org/networking-sfc/latest/install/index.html
it does seam to assume devstack in places and is generally quite light
on content.
that said networking sfc runs as an extention to neutron so the basic
steps descibed
in the guide can be adapted to any deployment.

i do not work on networking-sfc so i cant really help but just so you
are aware the openstack at lists.openstack.org list is nolonger used and
we have moved all openstack lists
to openstack-discuss at list.openstack.org.

i have updated the list address but if you are not already on the new
list i would suggest joining to recive the responce.