[all] The old mailing lists are now retired

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Dec 4 00:05:28 UTC 2018

The openstack, openstack-dev, openstack-sigs and openstack-operators
mailing lists were replaced by openstack-discuss. Starting now the
old lists are no longer receiving new posts, but their addresses are
aliased to the new list for the convenience of anyone replying to an
earlier message. If you happen to notice one of the old list
addresses in a reply you're writing, please take a moment to update
it to the correct one.

Here follow some brief notes on the nature of this new list:

1. We have documented[*] subject tags we want to use. Most of our
current needs are probably already covered there, but if you notice
something missing you can correct it by posting a change for code
review to the doc/source/open-community.rst file in the
openstack/project-team-guide Git repository. Because we're
interested in moving to Mailman 3 as our listserv in the
not-too-distant future and the upstream Mailman maintainers decided
to drop support for server-side topic filters, you'll need to set up
client-side mail filtering if you're only interested in seeing
messages for a subset of them.

2. Remember there is no Subject header mangling on this list, so if
you want to perform client-side matching it's strongly recommended
you use the List-Id header to identify it. You'll likely also notice
there is no list footer appended to every message. Further, the From
and Reply-To headers from the original message are unaltered by the
listserv. These changes in behavior from our previous lists are part
of an effort to avoid creating unnecessary DMARC/DKIM violations. A
mailreader with reply-to-list functionality is strongly recommended.
If you're unfortunate enough not to be using such a client, you may
be able to get away with using reply-to-all and then removing any
irrelevant addresses (making sure to still include the mailing
list's posting address).

3. Please take a moment to review our netiquette guide[**] for
participating in OpenStack mailing lists.