[tc] agenda for Technical Committee Meeting 6 Dec 2018 @ 1400 UTC

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Dec 3 18:34:20 UTC 2018

TC Members,

Our next meeting will be this Thursday, 6 Dec at 1400 UTC in
#openstack-tc. This email contains the agenda for the meeting, based on
the content of the wiki [0].

If you will not be able to attend, please include your name in the
"Apologies for Absence" section of the wiki page [0].

[0] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee

* Follow up on past action items

** dhellmann complete liaison assignments using the random generator

   I have updated the team liaisons in the wiki [1]. Please review the
   list of projects to which you are assigned.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStack_health_tracker#Project_Teams

** tc-members review the chair duties document

   The draft document from [2] has been merged and is now available in
   the governance repo as CHAIR.rst [3]. Please come prepared to discuss
   any remaining questions about the list of chair duties.

[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tc-chair-responsibilities
[3] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/CHAIR.rst

* active initiatives

** keeping up with python 3 releases

   We are ready to approve Zane's resolution for a process for tracking
   python 3 versions [4]. There is one wording update [5] that we should
   prepare for approval as well. The next step will be to approve Sean's
   patch describing the runtimes supported for Stein [6].

   Please come prepared to discuss any issues with those patches so we
   can resolve them and move forward.

[4] https://review.openstack.org/613145
[5] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/621461/1
[6] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/611080/

* follow-up from Berlin Forum

** Vision for OpenStack clouds

   Zane has summarized the forum session on the mailing list [7],
   including listing several potential updates to the vision based on
   our discussion there. Please come prepared to discuss next steps for
   making those changes.

[7] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2018-December/000431.html

** Train cycle goals

   I posted my summary of the forum session [8]. Each of the candidate
   goals have work to be done before they could be selected, so we will
   need to work with the sponsors and champions to see where enough
   progress is made to let us choose from among the proposals. Lance has
   agreed to lead the selection process for the Train goals, and will be
   looking for someone to pair up with on that.

[8] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2018-November/000055.html

** Other TC outcomes from Forum

   We had several other forum sessions, and should make sure we have a
   good list of any promised actions that came from those
   discussions. Please come prepared to discuss any sessions you
   moderated -- having summaries on the mailing list before the meeting
   would be very helpful.

--
Doug