[openstack-dev] [I18n] [PTL] [Election] Candidacy for I18n PTL in Stein Cycle

Frank Kloeker eumel at arcor.de
Wed Jul 25 07:59:03 UTC 2018

[posted & mailed] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/585663/

This is my announcement for re-candidacy as I18n PTL in Stein Cycle.

At first a quick review what we've done in the last cycle:

1. Zanata upgrade done. As one of the first community's we're running
Zanata Release 4 in production. A big success and a great user
experiense for all.
2. Translation Check Site done. We were able to win Deutsche Telekom as
sponsor for resources, so now we are able to host our own Translation
Check Site. From my point of view this solves different problems
which we had in the past and now we can check translation strings very
fast on our requirements.
3. Aquire more people to the team. I had great experiences during the
OpenStack Days in Krakow and Budapest. I shared informationen what our
team is doing and how I18n works in the OpenStack Community.
I've got many inspirations and hopefully some new team members :-)

What I mostly like is getting things done. In this cycle we should get
ready project doc translations. We started already with some projects
as a proof of concept and we're still working on it. To get that around,
involve more projects and involve more project team members for
translations is the biggest challenge for me in this cycle.
On the other hand we have Edge Computing whitepaper and Container
whitepaper on our translation plan. With a new technology in use to
publish the translation results very fast on the web page.

Beside that we have the OpenStack Summit Berlin in that cycle. For me
a special event, since I live and work in Berlin. I expect a lot of
collaboration and knowledge sharing with I18n and the OpenStack
Community in general.

That's my plan for Stein, I'm looking forward to your vote.

Frank

Email: eumel at arcor.de
IRC: eumel8
Twitter: eumel_8