[openstack-dev] [nova] keypair quota usage info for user

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Jul 25 09:44:46 UTC 2018

Hi All,

During today API office hour, we were discussing about keypair quota usage bug (newton) [1]. key_pair 'in_use' quota is always 0 even when request per user which is because it is being set as 0 always [2].

>From checking the history and review discussion on [3], it seems that it was like that from staring. key_pair quota is being counted when actually creating the keypair but it is not shown in API 'in_use' field. Vishakha (assignee of this bug) is currently planing to work on this bug and before that we have few queries:

1. is it ok to show the keypair used info via API ? any original rational not to do so or it was just like that from starting.

2. Because this change will show the keypair used quota information in API's existing filed 'in_use', it is API behaviour change (not interface signature change in backward incompatible way) which can cause interop issue. Should we bump microversion for this change?

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1644457
[2] https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/bf497cc47497d3a5603bf60de652054ac5ae1993/nova/quota.py#L189
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/446239/

-gmann