[openstack-dev] [kolla][ptl] PTL Candidacy for Rocky

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 17:07:10 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I am excited to announce my candidacy for the Rocky cycle as Kolla PTL.

Kolla is a fantastic project, which simplifies the lives of operators when
managing OpenStack. Now, Kolla can containerize and deliver almost all
OpenStack Big Tent projects. And more and more OpenStack environment are
deployed by Kolla in the real world. And lots of developers and operators
joined Kolla, too.

I have been involved in OpenStack since Folsom cycle and I have been a core
reviewer on Kolla since Liberty cycle. I have contributed lots of features
and
solved lots of critical issue in Kolla projects since then[0][1]. During the
Ocata, Pike and Queens cycle I also served as the Kolla release liaison. I
also have helped new developers to contribute to the project and operators
to solve issues.

For the Rocky cycle, I would like to focus on following objectives:

* Focus on the needs of Kolla team.
* Continue to encourage diversity in our Community.
* Support check and diff mode in kolla-ansible.
* Implement zero downtime for OpenStack services.
* Continue to speed up the kolla-ansible deploy and reconfigure.
* Make CI easier to understand and debug.
* Push tag image to hub.docker.com site which is more stable than branch
tag.
* Deliver 1.0.0 of kolla-kubernetes.

Finally, I know it is important that PTL time is spent on the non-technical
problem-solving such as mentoring potential core reviewers, scheduling the
project progress, interacting with other OpenStack projects and many other
activities a PTL undertakes. I’d like to work this cycle on scaling those
activities across the core reviewer team.

Thank you for reading this and for considering this candidacy. As a
community
I am certain we can make Kolla better and better.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey4l

[0] http://stackalytics.com/?release=all&module=kolla&metric=commits
[1] http://stackalytics.com/?release=all&module=kolla&metric=marks