[openstack-dev] [docs] how to update published pike docs

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 17:07:30 UTC 2018

Hello Docs people,

The glance install docs currently published on docs.o.o don't include
a correction we merged a while back, and I get a few bug reports filed
on this particular problem every week.  (It's great that people are
willing to file corrections, but the duplicates are really piling up!)
 Anyway, here's what's happening:

published docs:
https://docs.openstack.org/glance/pike/install/install-debian.html
(can't see the create db stuff -- you may need to look at the next
link first to see what I mean)

docs in github:
https://github.com/openstack/glance/blob/stable/pike/doc/source/install/install-debian.rst
(can see the create db stuff)

glance stable/pike in the repo:
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/glance?h=stable%2Fpike
You can see stable/pike head is at the fix.

What do we need to do to get the docs.o.o to show the fixed docs?  Is
it something we need to do on the glance side, or does it have to be
fixed somewhere else?

thanks,
brian