[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] LTS pragmatic example

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 16:25:59 UTC 2018

> Hello all,
>
> I am again proposing a change due to operations experience. I am
> proposing a clean and simple cherry-pick to Ocata.
>
> "it depends" works pretty bad as policy for accepting patches.
>
> Now I really dont understand what is the issue with the Stable Policy
> and this patch:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/539439/
>
> This is a UX problem. Horizon is giving the wrong information to the user.
>
> I got this answer:
> Ocata is the second phase of stable branches [1]. Only critical bugfixes
> and security patches are acceptable. I don't think it belongs to the
> category.

It is really understandable.

I am the person who put -1 on the horizon backport raised here. In
this specific case, the proposed backport does not import a new
confusion and it will provide a correct error message for a specific
case, so when I put -1 I struggled whether I put +2 or -1. It is
half-and-half. I am okay to remove my -1.

On the other hand, it is important to share some common criteria among
the stable reviewers.
different reviewers can apply different criteria. it is not productive
to define a project specific policy which is a bit different from the
common stable branch policy.
I would like to see some updated stable policy in near future as
output of LTS discussions.

Akihiro