[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] LTS pragmatic example

Saverio Proto saverio.proto at switch.ch
Wed Jan 31 11:54:07 UTC 2018

> You seem to be interested in a policy shift toward more of a "bugfix"
> branch where any fix should be allowed to land, and where branch age
> should not be a factor. It would be interesting to assess if that is a
> general view. I know that distros in general are happy with more of a
> "stable" approach.

Hello Thierry,

you are right. A bugfix branch is very important for us. I cannot keep a
UX bug in production, when I have a user that opens a support ticket
about this. I have to avoid the second user opening the second ticket
for the very same problem.
If merging to a common bugfix branch is not possible, I will have to
carry local patches.
Please be aware that most Openstack Ubuntu packages do carry local
patches in the debian/patches/ folder.
I am pretty sure that this patch could land without problems in the
Ubuntu packages for Newton/Horizon.

>> But merging a patch that changes a log file in Nova back to Newton was
>> OKAY few weeks ago.
> Could you provide a link to that one ?

sure, here it is:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/If525313c63c4553abe8bea6f2bfaf75431ed18ea