[openstack-dev] OpenStack lagging behind 2 major python versions: we need a Python 3.7 gate

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Wed Aug 8 14:28:10 UTC 2018

On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 09:35:04AM -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>Excerpts from Andrey Kurilin's message of 2018-08-08 15:25:01 +0300:
>> Thanks Thomas for pointing to the issue, I checked it locally and here is
>> an update for openstack/rally (rally framework without in-tree OpenStack
>> plugins) project:
>>
>> - added unittest job with py37 env
>
>It would be really useful if you could help set up a job definition in
>openstack-zuul-jobs like we have for openstack-tox-py36 [1], so that other
>projects can easily add the job, too. Do you have time to do that?

I have already done this kind of stuff for Telemetry project. And our
project already gate on py37. The only restriction is that we have to
use a fedora-28 instance with the python-3.7 package installed manually
(via bindep.txt). Ubuntu 18.04 LTS only a beta version of python 3.7 in
universe repo.

So I'm guessing we have to wait next Ubuntu LTS to add this job
everywhere.

https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/master/.zuul.yaml#L12
https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/master/bindep.txt#L7

Cheers,