[openstack-dev] OpenStack lagging behind 2 major python versions: we need a Python 3.7 gate

Andrey Kurilin andr.kurilin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 10:35:53 UTC 2018

Hi Doug!

I'm ready to port our job to openstack-zuul-jobs repo, but I expect that
Community will not accept it.

The result of rally unittests is different between environments with python
3.7 final release and python 3.7.0~b3 .
There is at least one failed test at python 3.7.0~b3 which is not
reproducible at py27,py34,py35,py36,py37-final ,
so I'm not sure that it is a good decision to add py37 job based on
ubuntu-bionic.

As for Rally, I applied the easiest thing which occurred to me - just use
external python ppa (deadsnakes) to
install the final release of Python 3.7.
Such a way is satisfying for Rally community and it cannot be used as the
main one for the whole OpenStack.

ср, 8 авг. 2018 г. в 16:35, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>:

> Excerpts from Andrey Kurilin's message of 2018-08-08 15:25:01 +0300:
> > Thanks Thomas for pointing to the issue, I checked it locally and here is
> > an update for openstack/rally (rally framework without in-tree OpenStack
> > plugins) project:
> >
> > - added unittest job with py37 env
>
> It would be really useful if you could help set up a job definition in
> openstack-zuul-jobs like we have for openstack-tox-py36 [1], so that other
> projects can easily add the job, too. Do you have time to do that?
>
> Doug
>
> [1]
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/openstack-zuul-jobs/tree/zuul.d/jobs.yaml#n354

Best regards,