[openstack-dev] [tc] Technical Committee Status update, April 27th

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Apr 27 09:19:56 UTC 2018

Hi!

This is the weekly summary of Technical Committee initiatives. You can
find the full list of currently-considered changes at:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Technical_Committee_Tracker

We also track TC objectives for the cycle using StoryBoard at:
https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project/923

== Recently-approved changes ==

* New repos: ansible-role-container-registry

== Election season ==

Voting is open to renew 7 seats from the Technical Committee's 13 seats.
If you contributed changes recently to any of the official OpenStack
repositories, you should have received a ballot. Deadline to vote is
23:59 UTC on Monday, so please vote now !

You can find details on the election at:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-April/129753.html

A number of threads have been started to discuss TC-related questions,
which may inform your vote:

* http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-April/129622.html
* http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-April/129658.html
* http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-April/129661.html
* http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-April/129664.html

== Under discussion ==

The four changes requiring formal votes from the TC members will be held
until the election concludes and new members join:

* Splitting/abandoning kolla-kubernetes [1]
* Adjutant project team addition [2]
* Allow projects to drop py27 support in the PTI [3]
* More detail about the expectations we place on goal champions [4]

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/552531/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/553643/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/561922
[4] https://review.openstack.org/564060

== TC member actions/focus/discussions for the coming week(s) ==

The election closes on Monday. The new members will be inducted, and
they will select the Technical Committee chair for the upcoming 6-month
session.

Urgent topics include preparation of the agenda for the joint Board + TC
+ UC meeting in Vancouver. If you have an idea of topic that should be
discussed, it's still time to chime in on the thread at:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-April/129428.html

== Office hours ==

To be more inclusive of all timezones and more mindful of people for
which English is not the primary language, the Technical Committee
dropped its dependency on weekly meetings. So that you can still get
hold of TC members on IRC, we instituted a series of office hours on
#openstack-tc:

* 09:00 UTC on Tuesdays
* 01:00 UTC on Wednesdays
* 15:00 UTC on Thursdays

Feel free to add your own office hour conversation starter at:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tc-office-hour-conversation-starters

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)