[openstack-dev] [tc] campaign question: How "active" should the TC be?

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Apr 23 13:27:09 UTC 2018

[This is meant to be one of (I hope) several conversation-provoking
questions directed at prospective TC members to help the community
understand their positions before considering how to vote in the
ongoing election.]

We frequently have discussions about whether the TC is active enough,
in terms of driving new policies, technology choices, and other
issues that affect the entire community.

Please describe one case where we were either active or reactive
and how that was shown to be the right choice over time.

Please describe another case where the choice to be active or
reactive ended up being the wrong choice.

If you think the TC should tend to be more active in driving change
than it is today, please describe the changes (policy, culture,
etc.) you think would need to be made to do that effectively (not
which policies you want us to be more active on, but *how* to
organize the TC to be more active and have that work within the
community culture).

If you think the TC should tend to be less active in driving change
overall, please describe what policies you think the TC should be
taking an active role in implementing.

Doug