[openstack-dev] [doc] help for new URL after doc-migration

Jay S Bryant jungleboyj at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 16:57:10 UTC 2017

On 9/2/2017 8:28 AM, Akihiro Motoki wrote:

> Hi docs team,
>
> I am checking URLs in the horizon documentation after doc-migration and
> am struggling to find new URLs corresponding to the below.
> If we fail to find corresponding URLs, it seems to mean we need to
> drop the URLs.
>
> - https://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide/cli-admin-manage-stacks.html
>    (linked from horizon admin/admin-manage-stacks.rst)
>
>    I checked https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/doc-migration-tracking
>    but there is no corresponding review and there seems no
> corresponding heat doc.
>    Has the document gone?
>
> - https://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide/cli-set-quotas.html
>    (linked from horizon admin/set-quotas.rst)
>
>    According to the etherpad, this will be split into three project
> (nova, cinder, neutron)
>    but I failed to find corresponding documents in these projects.
>    What is the current status of the migration?
>    (the document has been dropped from openstack-manuals and I failed
> to track the current status.)
>
> - https://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide/compute-admin-password-injection.html
>    (linked from horizon user/launch-instances.rst)
>
>    I checked https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/doc-migration-tracking
>    but I cannot find any information on
> compute-admin-password-injection on the etherpad.
>    Was this just dropped without migration?
>

> BTW, As my hat of individual project members, in general, it is really tough to
> find corresponding new URLs. Is there any good way to find new ones?
> What is the suggested way if we fail to find new corresponding links?
> Just drop them?
>
> Thanks,
> Akihiro

Akihiro,

This has been confusing for a number of people.  You should be able to
find the documentation you are looking for under
https://docs.openstack.org/<project name>/latest/admin .  I.E. for
Cinder the admin-guide moved to
https://docs.openstack.org/cinder/latest/admin .  If you just want to
get to the index page for Cinder's latest doc build you go to
https://docs.openstack.org/cinder/latest

I hope that information helps!

Jay