[openstack-dev] [doc] help for new URL after doc-migration

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 13:28:18 UTC 2017

Hi docs team,

I am checking URLs in the horizon documentation after doc-migration and
am struggling to find new URLs corresponding to the below.
If we fail to find corresponding URLs, it seems to mean we need to
drop the URLs.

- https://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide/cli-admin-manage-stacks.html
  (linked from horizon admin/admin-manage-stacks.rst)

  I checked https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/doc-migration-tracking
  but there is no corresponding review and there seems no
corresponding heat doc.
  Has the document gone?

- https://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide/cli-set-quotas.html
  (linked from horizon admin/set-quotas.rst)

  According to the etherpad, this will be split into three project
(nova, cinder, neutron)
  but I failed to find corresponding documents in these projects.
  What is the current status of the migration?
  (the document has been dropped from openstack-manuals and I failed
to track the current status.)

- https://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide/compute-admin-password-injection.html
  (linked from horizon user/launch-instances.rst)

  I checked https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/doc-migration-tracking
  but I cannot find any information on
compute-admin-password-injection on the etherpad.
  Was this just dropped without migration?

BTW, As my hat of individual project members, in general, it is really tough to
find corresponding new URLs. Is there any good way to find new ones?
What is the suggested way if we fail to find new corresponding links?
Just drop them?

Thanks,
Akihiro