[openstack-dev] [puppet] pike + xenial gate unblocking

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Sun Sep 3 00:40:32 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

It looks like the new release of Pike has introduced a few problems in
our Xenial gates, I spent much of this Saturday figuring out what's
going on and I'd like to ask the cores to take the time to review
these few patches so we can clear out the gates.

puppet-ceph: add ceph-mgr manifests (required for 12.x)
https://review.openstack.org/500317

puppet-cinder: add missing thin provisioning tools (required by cinder)
https://review.openstack.org/500335

puppet-openstack-integration: deploy ceph-mgr on xenial (centos has no
ceph 12.x yet)
https://review.openstack.org/500318

In order for things to be merge-able, I had to set a few jobs to non
voting for puppet-cinder and puppet-ceph.  Once the above merges,
we'll need to make sure the following two patches merge:

puppet-ceph: switch jobs for xenial back to voting
https://review.openstack.org/500329

puppet-cinder: switch jobs for xenial back to voting
https://review.openstack.org/500338

Once all of these 5 patches merge, we'll be good to go and our Xenial
gate problems will be fixed, so I appreciate if cores can take a quick
look at those.

Thanks!
Mohammed