[openstack-dev] [tc][election] Question for the candidates

Amrith Kumar amrith.kumar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 17:10:41 UTC 2017

Clay,

Great question and one that made me think quite a bit. I believe that
while the commits in the Governance repo represent the visible actions
of the TC, the real leadership ability of the TC is often in the
actions that it inspires in people in the community. The TC is a body
that has to lead without any real authority over the individuals that
they lead, which makes it a very interesting form of leadership.

To the specific reviews, I'll pick three [1], [2] and [3]. Let me explain.

The first is a commit that I authored for the governance repository to
formalize the creation of the Stewardship Working Group (SWG). This
group then drove the discussions around the TC Vision which is the
subject of the third review. I'm very thankful for the leadership and
drive that Collette Alexander brought in getting a number of us
together in Detroit to meet and discuss where the TC was and where it
should be going. I was lucky to be one of the non-TC participants at
that meeting and worked with the group that later created the TC
vision which was also well discussed in the community.

The second is another review that I proposed that relates to the
maintenance-mode tag for projects to reflect (accurately) to deployers
and users (collectively to customers) the state of projects that are
not actively being developed.

You explicitly said that "actions speak louder ...", so let me
highlight that the reviews that I cite are ones that I either authored
or participated actively in.

Thanks for the question.

-amrith

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/337895/