[openstack-dev] [tc][election] Question for the candidates

Andrea Frittoli andrea.frittoli at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 16:23:03 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 8:43 PM Clay Gerrard <clay.gerrard at gmail.com> wrote:

> I like a representative democracy.  It mostly means I get a say in which
> other people I have to trust to think deeply about issues which effect me
> and make decisions which I agree (more or less) are of benefit to the
> social groups in which I participate.  When I vote IRL I like to consider
> voting records.  Actions speak louder blah blah.
>
> To candidates:
>
> Would you please self select a change (or changes) from
> https://github.com/openstack/governance/ in the past ~12 mo or so where
> they thought the outcome or the discussion/process was particular good and
> explain why you think so?

The TC proposes and votes governance patches; however its real power, or
better, responsibility, is to inspire, to provide guidance by building
trust first, to work in the community for the community.
I think the TC vision work [0] was a great example of all three. The draft
has been proposed by the TC. Is has been discussed with the community and
everyone had a chance to contribute to it.

I very much appreciated the work on the guiding principles [1] and on the
meetings [2] as well.
The vision was special in the way the community was even more involved than
in the others.

Faithfully,

Andrea Frittoli (andreaf)

[0]